I am a mom who fails big time. I'm a big enough person to admit it. I have been staying up overnight to get my school work done which puts me in bed around 4:00am or so. Then Bella gets up around 8:00am. I am tired. I am nauseous. I am passing out.
So, I get the baby out of her bed this morning and change the softball filled diaper. I make a bottle and lay her in the bed with me and feed her. When she is done, instant elbow to the boob. Yes, what a lovely thing to have happen. But it's not the first time she's done it, it won't be the last. So I get out of bed and I put her in the pack n play. The pack n play is kept at the foot of the bed so that Mommy can rest and do work with her in the same room, all while keeping her contained.
Here comes the fail part of the story. I felt so ill and tired this morning that I turned on her cartoons, which she gets to watch some each day, and let the t.v. be her baby sitter. I laid there on the bed watching her dance around like she always does. Then I woke up to her screeching out Mama.
Yep, it's that time of the morning, time for a diaper change. So off we go to scour the poop from her bottom. She's happy now. Mind you she doesn't sleep in clothes, just her diaper, because she sweats like her Daddy. So clean bottomed, I put her back in the pack n play for more cartoons. I say this time, I'm just gonna lay here and watch her, not go back to sleep. FAIL.
I dozed off again and once again was woke up with screeching and singing from my baby girl. Once she saw my eyes were open she proceeded to say Mama. I ask her if it's time for another ba-ba. By this time it's 11 am. This is generally when the first nap takes place. So I crawl off the bed and head towards the kitchen. I'm rounding the end of the bed and I see her doing her goofy little dance. She knows I'm after her food. I did a double take. Why is that? Take a look for yourself...
My flower child LOVES to be naked. She's adjusted her diaper before but never was able to get it off. That all changed today. And of course Mommy was able to grab the camera before cleaning up her child and re-dressing her.
Of course it was a wet diaper. Perhaps she couldn't wait for me any longer? Either way I thought I got off scott free. I didn't see any wet spots in the pack n play. She didn't technically pee in the PNP, no, she sat on her blanky and did her business. I guess I should be grateful there was no poop involved!

Too funny!!
ReplyDelete