Monday, August 17, 2009

Laughing at your child

Adam & I had a fun filled evening yesterday. We laughed and played on the floor with our little one as we usually do. But that night was different. Our daughter has somewhat "outgrown" or "out-fat-rolled" her Bumbo. Lately it's best use is keeping her from opening the door to the end table. However she thought last night would be a great night to use it to pull up to stand. She felt it would give her an edge in order to obtain the goodies on top of the end table that she shouldn't be getting in to. So after several attempts to keep her away from it, Mommy gave up. Instead, fully aware of the said "too big" factor, I plopped her happy hiney down in the seat. Boy did I bust a gut. At first she just sat there, looked at me, kind of gave me a "what the?" look. So then I handed her some toys and she happily munched on them.

Then, as I sit there staring, it dawned on me. My poor child looks naked in this contraption. So I had Adam grab the camera and between the two of us, well I don't know who was laughing harder. Seriously, she has fat rolls upon fat rolls. So being sunk down into the hardened foam chair, it only made more wrinkles. The Bumbo swallowed her diaper.

She is such a ham that she figured the heck with the toys, let's try to get my feet to my mouth. She tried several times....

...and we had to bust the tongue out, because as you know it always helps. However hard she tried, it would be a big fail. With her thighs stuck in the leg holes, there was no way her feet would be making it anywhere near her mouth or vice versa.

I just had to toss in this picture. She absolutely loves her "light show." On occasion she has figured out how to work it, but it's definitely a toy that can keep her entertained.

Last, but not least, the grand finale. Her attempt in getting out of the chair. No matter how many steps she took, it just stayed there like Thanksgiving dinner. Isn't it terrible the things a parent will do to their child to get a laugh?

2 comments:

  1. I totally thought she was naked!!! lol. such a wrinkly chunky monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Max is exactly the same way in his... :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.