Another fabulous trip to the doctor's office has come and gone. Yesterday I went in for my 28 week check up and had to take my lovely glucose test to make sure I don't have GD. It was a pretty uneventful visit. I met with the new female doctor to the practice, Dr. Bordson. She seems really nice and was very easy to talk to.
She checked out the fetal heart tones and found baby boy to be around 140 bpm. She measured the fundus, but didn't tell me where I was measuring. Normally the nurses measure you and tell you where your at, but I was distracted and forgot to ask, so I'll check when I go back. Everything is looking great, so now I'm ready to start my two week visits. Which is a good thing, I think.
Besides getting my blood drawn for the GD test, they did a CBC and my TSH. I'm about two weeks over due for getting my thyroid checked, oops. I discussed with Dr. Bordson my issues with depression. Never once did I go through anything like this with Arabella. After she confirmed which labs they were doing, I brought up the whole depression issue and she immediately looked at me and said "Let's check your thyroid first." My instant thought was huh? I asked her if the two had any correlation and to my surprise, yes it does. I knew about the possibility of birth defects from not having your TSH at the appropriate levels, but didn't know it could affect your emotions. She told me straight up that is can affect it majorly if it isn't accurate. She also said that once she received the results we'd discuss the depression further. If it is a thyroid issue, adjusting my medication could correct it. If it isn't thyroid related we can discuss medication to help with the emotions. She said "I don't want to throw pills at you and say here, this will fix it." It may just be a hormone issue with the thyroid, so that gives me a little relief. Not to mention this all started shortly after my last TSH check, which makes her very suspicious that the TSH is the cause.
Anyway, after we met with the doctor we were dismissed to the waiting room to let the clock run out so that I could have my blood drawn. How fun is this when you have a crabby baby who's hungry and is missing her nap time? Thank goodness Adam was there to help me because I would have went insane with Arabella by myself. So three vials of blood later we were out the door and headed to the nearest Back Yard Burger. I was so dizzy after drinking that noxious concoction. Again, so thankful that Adam was there to drive. So within two weeks we will no if I have GD or not. I'm expecting a no answer as I don't see any signs that would say otherwise. And don't worry, I'll have a belly update sometime this weekend. I'm sure you are just dying to see my ever-expanding waist line.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.