Monday, November 2, 2009

Baby Boy Update

Well, I haven't exactly been very good about blogging here lately. So here we go...

Baby boy has been kicking like crazy. Over the weekend he has began kicking hard enough to knock the wind out of me and for me to be able to see him on the outside. I still can't wait for him to be consistent enough for Adam & Bella to feel him.

Bella is "loving" her baby brother already. She finds every opportunity to kick me in the stomach, punch me in the chest and smack the tummy while on the changing table. On a lighter note, she does love kissing the belly. I find it very weird for me, I guess I never thought she'd be able to show affection to her sibling at this young of an age. But again, for all I know she's just trying to eat my shirt. Either way it is utterly adorable.

My heartburn is beginning to get the better of me. With Bella is was constant from the beginning of pregnancy. With baby boy, it's late in the evening or when I'm trying to sleep. TUMS seems to keep the heartburn at bay, so it's good that I don't have to take a prescription medicine for it.

In other baby news, last week Adam won our bedding set for baby boy's room. We had three options we had narrowed it down to. Once he saw the price of a 4 piece Turtle set, he changed his tune. It was very adorable, but over-priced. Then, when he saw that we could get the 9 piece bedding set below for $50.00, he jumped on it at the last second of the eBay auction. It should be arriving here this week. I cannot wait to see it in person.

Funny thing is it's called Bella Blue. It's a turquoise and chocolate brown color. Now, we polled some of our friends and several thought it is "girly." I have to disagree. The Bella Pink set is girly. The pattern is damask. It's a neutral pattern and non-themed, which I find a perfect fit. I didn't want to go with something themed, because everyone else does it. Besides, it's Mommy and Daddy who have to look at the bedding. Seriously, like the baby is really going to care what the nursery looks like, right? We also figure that by the time he's old enough to have an opinion we'll be ready to upgrade his room to a "big boy" room and he'll get to help decide how we decorate it then. Until then, Mommy will remain happy with her choice.

Close up of the print:

They have this matching blanky I'd love to get for him:

Then begs the question of baby furniture. How much, when, and what. Well, problem solved. Baby boy has a very generous family member who is gifting him his bedroom set. Without this person, I seriously don't know what we would do. I'm not naming the person because that's what was asked of us. All I can say is I'm in tears as I type because of this person's generosity. *Wiping tears*

Yesterday afternoon, we took a family trip (Adam, Bella and Me) to check out baby furniture. We knew where we would like to get it from because it was the same place that Bella's furniture came from. After a short twenty minutes, Adam and I had narrowed it down to three sets. Looking at them side by side, the choice was easy. When we got Bella's set we were adamant that it had to be light colored wood. This time around, we opted for a pretty cherry finish. So, here's baby boy's soon-to-be crib. We ordered from the same manufacturer for a couple of reasons.
  1. Their products are "Made in the U.S.A." That is important to Adam.
  2. Their products are approved by JPMA. They are tested and proven safe.
  3. Their nursery furniture grow with the children. The crib will convert to a toddler bed (which we'll skip) and then to a full size bed (which we'll go to after the crib phase).
  4. Their furniture has proven to last a lifetime and is just plain gorgeous.

So with all of that in mind, we will be ever-so-grateful to the donor of this furniture. I'm excited to see it when it arrives. Unfortunately this will be the beginning of the destruction of our "home office." We are going to have to find a place for all of our stuff as we prepare the baby's room. Joy, joy, joy...Les than 15 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.