Monday, November 2, 2009

Ten Months Already?

Sniff, sniff, sniff...Mommy is very sad. In less than two months my little girl will enter into the world of toddlers. How can it be that ten months has passed since I gave birth to this tiny little creature? How is it that my little girl is already the size of a toddler? I don't know what to think besides sadness. Then I start fretting on how to celebrate her birthday. I mean, after all she was born on New Year's Eve. How do you deal? My dad suggested celebrating in mid January. Hmmmm....NO! I'm not going to let that much time pass, just because it happens to fall on a holiday. I'm half tempted to "celebrate" her birthday at Christmas when the whole family is together. After all, it's the pictures I'm after. I want all of her family there and I don't really care about the gifts. Seriously, we have no where to put them. So I'm open for suggestions and theme ideas....

Moving on, we did her non-official measurements tonight. She turned ten-months-old on Halloween, but it was a busy weekend.

She barely gained any weight since her doctor's appointment, which was October 12th. She's now up to 26 pounds, 2 ounces. As you can see she's still off the chart, but it wasn't as big of a leap as she had been doing in the past. It's very obvious to Adam and I that she's starting to "thin" out. She's beginning to lose part of her baby gut and looking a lot taller in doing so.

Height wise, she may be looking taller, but according to the tape, she didn't grow any. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing? Either way she's still a very healthy little girl.

She has began to refuse to sign back to us. Sigh, she was doing so well with it and then poof, she rarely tells us what she wants. She's moved into throwing fits and I am not liking it one bit. We still proceed with signing to her and hope that she'll start signing back again.

She's added some new consonants, such as r and y. It's funny to hear her baby babble. Courtesy of Daddy she has taken to "flying" around the house. Unfortunately for pregnant Mommy this poses a problem when I try carrying her around. She immediately wants to lay out in her flying position, arms straight out, and it's just too hard for Mommy to carry her. I most certainly am not about to entertain her new habit either.

We've also began weaning her off of baby purees. She's eating more and more table food with Mommy and Daddy which she truly enjoys. It's more apparent every time we try to sneak her baby food. She's flat out refusing some of it, so we get creative and mix table food with her baby food in order to get it used up. She recently discovered the awesomeness that it green beans in their natural state. I suppose this is going to help Mommy lose weight after baby boy is here. After all, she'll be off of baby food and I don't want her eating the greasy foods I did as a kid. So this will be a good thing for us.

She's just an amazing little girl. And WAY TO SMART for her age. She watches us intently when we get into the baby proofed cabinets. She's trying to figure out how we unlock them. She's now begun studying the locks up close. She knows there's a thumb release on the bottom and she'll flip the lock up to study it and see if she can't get it open. She's also figured out that you have to put weight on the gate to the living room to open it. Her problem is that she's too little to do it. That doesn't stop her from trying though.

We have a smart, healthy, and gorgeous little girl. What more could a Mommy and Daddy ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.