Saturday, November 21, 2009

But I Don't Wanna....

This totally blows. Late Friday evening my doctor called me to let me know that my GD test came back with elevated levels. Fabulous! So bright and early Monday Morning I have to arrive at the doctors office to suffer through a three-hour test. This means several things:

1. There's a potential that nothing is wrong, or that I have gestational diabetes.
2. I cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight Sunday.
3. I have to sit in the doctors office for over three hours while they force glucola down me and poke my arms who knows how many times to take my blood.
4. I have to find a last minute baby sitter for Arabella as Adam is just coming off of vacation.
5. I have to bring something with me to keep me busy. My "busy" item is Arabella's stocking, but will I be in a room isolated or out in the waiting room? I don't want to string all my goods out in the waiting room
6. I wasn't feeling so hot after the one-hour test and thankfully had Adam to drive me home. I don't know how I'm going to manage driving after three hours of testing, and over twelve hours of not eating.

So I guess we'll know something soon enough. I'm very disappointed and will be more so if I do in fact have GD. But I'll make the best of it...only twelve weeks before little man makes an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.