Monday, November 2, 2009

My First Sucker & the "Sucker" who gave it to me

As previously noted, on Halloween Eve we ventured to my parent's house. After Bella Trick or Treated Papa, he was ever so generous in offering her her very first sucker. Fabulous. I swore she wouldn't get any intentional sugar until she was a year-old. Papa did what Papa's do best and gave it to her anyway. Here's a picture story of what happened....

Immediately after her first lick, she glared up to Papa as though he was radiating with awesomeness for giving her such a wonderfully sweet treat. She's also pondering where this thing of beauty came from and why she hadn't had her hands (and tongue) on one before.

After a short period of pondering, she turned to Mommy. Her face begs the question, "Mommy, why haven't you given me these before?" Sigh, because my child, you are too young to be exposed to such "garbage" although your Father and I eat junk like that all the time. We were hoping to spare you from getting a sweet tooth too soon in life. Alas, thanks to your Papa, we have failed you.

Then the culprit and newly found Sweet Tooth Kid pose for a photo together. Later on in life when she asks me why she cannot refuse sweets I will be able to pull out this photograph. I will explain to her how I begged her Papa not give her candy while she's so young and how he refused and did it anyway. She will be able to blame him for her candy addiction and I have the proof right here.

After a while we decided, enough was enough. Although she began to glare at Papa. She knew why he was reaching out his hand. She knew he was going to take the sticky sweetness from her grasp. She just glared and hung on to that stick for dear life.

And in the end...Papa won. She's still refusing to give it up, but after having cherry flavored drool dripped all over his shirt and jeans, he figured it was time to take the sucker away. After all she had cherry flavored drool running down the stick, her arms, and her face. He also knew that should any of that red, cherry flavored drool make it to Grandma's light blue carpet, he would be the one forced to get the carpet cleaner out and fix his mistake. Smart move Papa, smart move.


1 comment:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.