So, a while back we converted B's bed back to a crib because she was having terrible tantrums during nap/bed time which included hurling herself at the door. So, last night Zoe was over and I tried to put the girls down which resulted in Arabella jumping out of the bed to play with Zoe.
Then at 10:30 I went in to check on her, thinking she'd be asleep and she wasn't. So I left the room w/ the door open to get Adam up for work. Long story short, while getting Adam she came waltzing into our room, so another escape.
Well this morning at 8:30 Adam hadn't made it home yet to get her out of bed and I was wakened by a blood curdling scream. I ran to her room, turned on the light to find her sitting in bed, holding her hand under her face, palm full of blood, I see blood on her sheet, and then I look to her face and she's bleeding profusely from her nose and mouth.
Yes, I believe it was another bed escape attempt gone wrong and she ended up bloodying her nose and cut her gums (top and bottom) open with her teeth. It took a bit to get the bleeding to quit, but I think she'll be fine. Her eyes didn't blacken immediately but tonight they're kinda purplish. So, you think we should convert back to her toddler bed?
Oh no poor B and poor mommy!!!! I know that Belle has been doing better in the toddler bed then she did in her crib. It took a few days before she got use to it and no longer got out to play but now she actually sleeps better then she did before.
ReplyDelete