Monday, December 13, 2010

Meeting Santa


Last night was the church Children's Christmas program and as usual following the program Santa makes a surprise visit. All night long Arabella went on and on about "Tanta" and when the time finally arrived for her to sit on his lap, well, let's just say I got the one picture of her on his lap. Evan did good for a few seconds. He sat there while he was handed his stocking but then when Rachel moved away from him he started pouting. I am ever so thankful to my brother in law, sisters, and parents for helping me wrangle both kids tonight. I must say the older and more mobile they are, the harder it is to do it on your own.

After the show I took an opportunity to get some pictures with the kids. Needless to say there was way too much going on around them so we didn't get any pics with both of them looking at the camera. But that's okay, I have a current picture with my babies.

My baby sister Katie sang during the program. She has the most amazing voice you'll ever hear.




Me, Katie and Erica

I also took the opportunity to get a picture of me and my sisters. Unfortunately Amy didn't make it to the church. Maybe we can get one at Christmas.

When I got home I realized I didn't really get any pictures of Arabella at the church in her cute little dress. This is a collage of what it takes to get a near 2 year old to take a decent picture. I chased her around the house, and got squat. Eventually I put her up on the changing table and we went from playing with the stocking to being caught off guard by the camera flash to making a silly face to a truly happy smile where she wasn't being cheesy. So how many pictures did it take to get to the last one? Seven. That's the fewest yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.