Monday, December 27, 2010

A Very Crafty Christmas - Homemade Pepper Jelly

When it comes to men it is difficult to determine what you could make that a man would be happy with. Time after time it has been determined that the one thing you can't go wrong with is food.

Adam and I have a special recipe that he has made since we were dating. It's a recipe that I had but never thought to make. Being that he loves to grill he was all about it. Part of the recipe calls for Hot Pepper Jelly. Unfortunately at the time we "discovered" our recipe we had a very difficult time trying to find pepper jelly in retail stores locally. After a trip to Iowa we learned from Aunt Ginny that we could just make it ourselves. And that's how we became experts in Homemade Pepper Jelly and Adam's infamous Peppery Grilled Turkey.

Recently Adam has discovered that he can even inject the turkey with the liquid baste and it is even more scrumptious than we ever thought possible. I'm telling you this recipe is to die for! And I'm even willing to share the recipe with you. I used a recipe card set from Shabby Princess to make the recipe card, gift tags and jar labels.



The jelly up close




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.