Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Chair

Arabella is very big on helping Mommy, especially if any kind of cooking is involved. She loves to pour things into bowls or pans. And she absolutely must stir whatever it is I'm working on. Unfortunately she usually takes interest when I'm working on dinner and it involves the hot stove.

She's a pretty strong girl, so she tries to pull the wooden chairs up to the counters. I got sick of hearing the wood on wood screeching, so I retrieved one of the little tikes chair from the basement. That might not have been one of my best ideas.


"I wanna help!"
 She immediately tried to help me and with the hot stove on I freaked out. I asked her to move her chair and go play. That she did. *insert goofy eye roll*

The child first pushed it up to the light switch in the kitchen and of course flickering ensued. I asked her to stop. She pushed the chair to the pantry doors (which she can actually open while standing on the floor) and she couldn't figure out why they wouldn't open with her standing on the chair directly in front of them. I giggled. She pushed the chair to the refrigerator and again couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't open. She then pushed the chair to the back door.

Oh my, I heard "click." That immediately got my attention as I knew exactly what she'd done. She had unlocked the back door and was attempting to pull open the sliding glass door. This child.

Pouting after she was told to get down.
I stopped her and locked the door, sent her on her way to watch cartoons with Bubba. I will note that at the time I had no clue, didn't think to look, that she'd turned on the deck light as well. It was after dark before I realized she'd done it.

We had a pretty nice dinner, I tried a new recipe (Tarragon Chicken) and she really seemed to like it. She gave it a thumbs up anyway.

After dinner we both enjoyed some yummy Banana-Berry smoothies. She really loves them.


Never a dull moment, never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.