Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pee Head

This afternoon was TERRIBLE for naps. Neither child wanted to go down at all. Finally at 5:30 Arabella gave in, too little, too late. Of course when I woke her at 6:30 for dinner she was super grouch and refused to eat.

Evan on the other hand has been nothing short of a PITA. After three hours of fighting him including two nursing sessions, I had had enough. I went in, changed him one last time and left. I didn't even bother putting pants on him, just left him in a t-shirt and diaper.

Not ten minutes later I hear him screaming, very weird. It wasn't the usual "my leg is caught" or "I smacked my *insert body part* on the crib" or "I just don't wanna sleep" cries. So I of course trekked back in there, open the door only to see a naked butt staring at me. The little monster managed to rip his diaper off. Now he was lying face down, so I wasn't sure what he was fussing about until I rolled him over. Apparently he ripped his diaper off while lying on his back and managed to soak his shirt in urine, hit himself in the face, and the ear. Somehow, that's where it was all contained. I didn't see/smell a single drop on his sheet. Ugh.

So I cleaned him up, using baby wipes because I was still upset at him, and he laughed at me the whole time. Apparently using baby wipes for washing is ticklish to him. I dressed him, put him back in the bed and left. A half hour later I couldn't take the screaming any more so he got to come out and play. On the up side he was quiet, he ate extremely well for dinner, took a short bath, and then passed out in about 5 minutes for bed.

Now I just have to find a way to get Arabella to play by herself without having a melt down while I'm trying to put Evan to bed. I feel sorry for Adam because I had to wake him to get her to shut up so Evan could go to sleep. Did I mention I really dis-like his company for continuously changing his shift?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.