Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Special Treat

Arabella is a little bit of a picky eater at this age, heck if it isn't peanut butter & jelly or chicken strips we have a hard time getting her to eat it. So tonight I made my numalicious Deviled Chicken Breasts, with roasted garlic rice, and healthy colors vegetable blend. To say the least I scarfed it up. Evan actually chowed down and loved it too. Arabella is a big fan of rice so I knew that would go over well, and me not wanting to fight with her picked out only green beans from the blend for her veggie.

I put the plate on the table, away from her to cool and she pulled it in and starting eating really well. So, I told her if she didn't fight me during dinner that she could have an extra special treat. I did have to remind her of this a few more times but that motivated her to eat her dinner with little fuss.

Dinner ran late, and of course the kids were eating slow so it was a late night. But a promise is a promise so here is Arabella's first adventure into baking cookies.

MONSTER COOKIE!!!!


First we must pose with our ingredients

She helped Mommy add the butter, Mommy added the egg, and she poured in the cookie mix.

The you MUST make a funny face while mixing the batter.

Once the batter is formed into dough, we pour it onto a parchment paper lined pizza pan.

Then we sing twinkle twinkle into the spoon microphone.

Then another MUST, lick the spatula so it is free from any batter.

Give the dough a final pat before it goes in the oven.

Prepare your cookie drink. For me it's all about the milk, whereas she would rather have juice.

Nom Nom Nom...you better believe Mommy caved and ate a piece.

 

1 comment:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.