Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Three Month Birthday






Dear Arabella:

Today we celebrate your three month birthday. Three months ago we rushed to the hospital and waited for your arrival. After twenty-one hours of impatient waiting you decided it was time to join our family and enter the world. Since then you have been the center of our lives. Everything we do is so that you may succeed in the future. You may have spent the first four days of your life in the NICU, but you are the healthiest baby we know. We are so thankful to have been so lucky. Today I took you to for another weigh in at our weekly BF support group. You have steadily gained weight and as of today you are a healthy 14 pounds 0.2 ounces. It's hard to believe that just a short time ago you were this tiny little beauty in my arms and now you are a tall little munchkin that spans my lap.

You have such a personality and it develops with each passing day. It is hilarious to watch you and your daddy having conversations as neither of you know what the other is saying. I love to hear you say "okay" when we are talking or playing. You have the most beautiful blue eyes and gorgeous smile. We are still waiting for the elusive laugh or giggle, but that's okay. Everything in it's own sweet time.

The past few weeks you have discovered the television. We've learned that you definitely cannot eat in front of it as you are becoming more and more distracted while nursing. Daddy tries to keep you from seeing the t.v. and you find any way you can to turn yourself towards it. You are becoming friends with tummy time. At first you hated it, but you are liking it the more we try. The biggest culprit for you not wanting to do tummy time is the fact that you love to sit up straight. If you are reclined you try to muster up the strength to sit up, but aren't quite there yet. You have really come to love sitting in your Bumbo and the Jumperoo. You've also started rolling over. Not consistently yet, but you can go from tummy to back. You're still working on back to tummy. You can get half way up, but you are stuck from there. I can only imagine what the near future holds for you little girl. Soon enough you'll be mobile and we won't know what to do with you.

These past three months have tested your Daddy and me. They have also brought us closer together and made us stronger people. We must thank you for coming into our lives and enriching everything we do. Although it's only been a short time, we don't recall what life was like before you. Everything now involves you, or is about you. You are a precious little girl to us and we love you very much. Never forget that your Mommy and Daddy love you. We have since the moment we first saw you on the ultrasound. I never imagined loving this way, but I wouldn't trade these feelings for anything.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog. You little girl is way too cute to not comment on. Cute family.

    Thanks,
    Kristen
    www.whosekidsarethese.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.