Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My First Book

A while back my friend Heather told us about this site www.blog2print.com and it got me thinking. I have wanted a way to leave behind my story, for my daughter. A telling of how she entered the world and the obstacles and joys of parenthood. Well, I tried out the site and found that it wasn't for me. It was neat though, you upload your blog and it places all of your posts and pictures in the book. The reason it wasn't for me is because I'm a total control freak. I wanted the ability to keep my captions with my pictures. I also wanted to make the pictures different sizes, not just thumbnail sized. It just wouldn't let me, so either I'm not smart enough to figure out their site, or they just won't let you do it.

So, I researched some more and found www.blurb.com . I LOVE this site. You have to download the free software (BookSmart) and it walks you through everything from there. You upload your blog just the same, but you can format the book, page by page, however you want it to appear. You can not only create a blog book, but photo albums, cookbooks, journals, you name it. So for the past week I have been fine tuning the book and I'm nearly ready to order it. Once I order it I can post a link for everyone to view the first 15 pages from their website.

The first book in Arabella's series will contain the first three months of her life, and a few snippets & pics from my pregnancy. I have an actual hand written pregnancy journal that covers the time before her birth. Her first book is an 80 page, day by day, account of everything I have felt and/or gone through. This is so awesome, a professionally bound book that I can give my daughter.

I'm now debating if I want to give it to her for her wedding or her first child. Either way I am satisfied knowing she will be able to look back during a time that she has no memory of. And, heaven forbid, should I be gone, I will have left behind my thoughts for her. I can only hope should that happen she will find comfort in knowing that I loved her the best way I could. I really like the idea of her being able to read my exact thoughts and feelings and see what it was like becoming a parent and growing up with her in my life.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!. I kid you not. I've been working on my booksmart book for days now and was just thinking yesterday - I've got to tell Bobbi about this!

    I agree, I really wanted a little more control over the layout, but now my issue is that my blog is so long that I'm gonna have a 400+ page book...so I still have to figure it out.

    Anyway -I'm glad you found it, even without my help. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.