See, I told you that she was learning more and more words. I have to get this down before I forget come her next milestone update.
Tonight as I was feeding the kids dinner Arabella said what I consider to be a complex word. Apple juice. I just kind of sat there and then I asked her what she wanted. She said "Bubba apple juice" as she pointed to his sippy of water. I corrected her and said, "no that's bubba's water." I asked her if she wanted some apple juice and she said, "no apple juice." The kicker is that she can't actually say juice, she instead says jew. I'm still stumped. My kid is asking me about apple juice...when the heck did she decide that juice is no longer just juice? When did she determine that it is apple juice?
We were also playing with her magnadoodle and I was drawing shapes and other objects on it and having her name them off to me. She was able to identify a heart, circle, star, apple, banana, and pumpkin. I also drew and worked with her on a square, triangle, oval, and flower.
Square - I say square, she says circle. *rolling my eyes*
Triangle - It is coming out more like tri-apple
Oval - This seems to be an obull
Flower - We still can't seem to work the L in there, so we have a fower
Pumpkin - She's half and half on this one. Some times she'll enunciate it and say pumpkin, other times it comes out as pun-tee.
I then drew a picture of "Mommy" and "Daddy." Mind you I drew glasses on daddy. It was rather cute I thought. Then I decided to draw Dora, bowl cut and all. I asked her who it was, given that the show was on at the time, I figured she'd get it in no time, but alas she said it too was Daddy. Silly smart kid that one is.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.