Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shutterfly Holiday Cards ~ Why Didn't I think of that?

Alright ladies, it's that time of year again. Time to start thinking about busting out those address lists and pick out your Christmas and holiday cards for the end of the year. As far back as I can remember my Mom has been addressing and filling out Christmas cards during deer season while me and my dad were out hunting. I just kept thinking, why does she choose the cards she does? Why does she choose to use the same old non-personalized run of the mill cards? Why doesn't she use an easier method? Then Adam and I started our own family and I began to do the same thing she did, run to the store and buy some boxes of cards and sit down and fill them out. I however have the advantage of a computer so I of course made address labels to speed up the addressing process. But there had to be another option. Something that allows you to send your loved ones a card, but gives you the ability to "make it your own." It also gets rather pricey trying to send family members pictures each year, and I try to enclose current photographs for each card. Yes, 4x6 prints times however many people are in the family and that adds up to a lot of money that we're really short on at this time of the year. Solution: Shutterfly.

Shutterfly is an amazing website that allows you to do a million things with your photographs. From custom photo books to gifts to greeting cards. Why didn't I think of this before? I sat down and starting pouring through the hundreds of choices for holiday cards and Christmas cards. I literally have spent hours deciding upon a Christmas card for this year. There are so many options to choose from. You can pick a card with one or more photographs on the cover and you can place your own greetings on the inside.

So are you excited to see what card I've chosen for this year? I've decided that With Love Chartreuse Christmas will be this years card.


Isn't this design just amazing? I love the layout of the photographs and it will be just perfect. The colors are amazing and it just fits our family. Of course I'll wait until closer to Thanksgiving to order them so I have some current photographs of the kids. It seems no matter how many photographs you take they change way too quickly. I am so excited to finally not have to worry about handwriting in each card, although I still may add a few personal touches as I address the envelopes.


The inside of the card is spacious as well. The top of the card gives you the option to add a sixth photograph and place a caption underneath. The bottom of the card has room for you to put in a message for everyone or you can leave it blank and hand write your greetings to each person. I cannot get over the fact that I didn't think to do this sooner.

The best part is that they have cards for all holidays, baby showers, birthday invitations, weddings, thinking of you; you name it, they have it. They have something to suit all of your photographic needs. Perhaps you'd like a personalized calendar or how about a life-sized cutout of your child? Yes, they do that too. I'm telling you the possibilities are endless!

See, now that I've written this post I'm seeing more cards I'd like to try such as a story card. How neat would that be? The Joyous Holiday Story would be my choice. Choices, choices, choices.

So what would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.