Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aunt Erika & #3

Well after our rotten afternoon we took a family trip to Aunt Erika's house. Bella has never been to her house, at least not while on the outside. Erika was having issues getting her mower started and Adam agreed to take a look. Here is our little demon spawn gnawing on Noodle, her new best friend. You could tell she was crabby, but she just didn't want to give in to the sleepy side.
We made a pit stop at Sonic for dinner and guess who woke up from her teeny tiny nap? She just sat there and followed my mouth. She didn't seem interested in the food, just what I was doing with it in my mouth. Towards the end of our meal she starting complaining about the fact that the truck was no longer moving. So we quickly finished and headed off to Erika's. On the ride to Erika's house we did get a short nap in. As soon as we hit the door she was wide awake and ready for playtime and squawking. She had a blast chewing on Mommy's hands and arms. Then Aunt Erika got down on the floor and played with her. Bella showed off several times rolling over. A couple of times she even rolled over with Noodle in her mouth.
She is very accomplished at rolling from her back to her tummy. Tonight, however, I realized that this weird little girl will not roll on her right side. Everything she does is usually with the left. She rolls to the left, grabs her left foot with her left hand. She uses her right hand too, don't get me wrong, but it seems she may be showing signs of being a Lefty like her Daddy. After an hour or so of playtime we tried to eat, but that didn't work out so well. I don't know if it was the different place, the new voice (Erika had a friend over), or what the deal was. She just wouldn't eat. She would start to suck and then yank off of me, which caused Mommy great pain. After five minutes or so of this we gave up. I handed her off to Daddy for a diaper change and then she played and talked with Aunt Erika some more. I got some great footage of her rolling over, talking and squealing. We chowed down on cookies (not Bella obviously) and then decided to get the runt home before she could complain about the lack of food in her belly. For some reason Mommy ran out of the house without the spare bottle, oops. She didn't starve to death, and she napped a little on the way home.


Above you see my healthy growing little girl. She is wearing a pair of three month froggy pj's. Today she is officially three months, three weeks old. So I ask you, how is it that the legs are nearly up to her knees and the arms are looking like three quarter sleeves? I can happily say that she is growing, because I know for others it's a day to day struggle. But I just don't know what we're going to do about clothing this growing giant. Today at our BF group she weighed in at a whopping 15 pounds, 8.8 ounces. Yes you heard correctly, she's 15 1/2 pounds already!

Well I suppose something good came out of today. Sadly we said good bye to size 2 diapers. Our Diaper Queen is moving into size 3. She is only a half pound less than the recommended weight for the 3, but I fear her thighs are ready for a 4 or 5 (as you can see). Daddy had the honor of putting the first size 3 on her. I must be happy for this right? I'm still struggling with my milk going bad too soon, and we think it is because of a lack of fat in my diet. But if I weren't getting fat in my diet, then how would my chunky chica be gaining weight like she is? Ugh, it's a never ending saga. I am thankful for what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.