Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lack of Sleep and Teething Tablets


For several days now Bella has been fighting to sleep as little as she possibly can. After night after night of staying up till midnight or one, only to get back up at three, I finally gave in. While at Walgreen's today I picked up some Hyland's Teething Tablets. Jessica suggested them to me and I finally said what the hell, it can't hurt right?

Not only has her night time sleep been crappy, but naps are next to none. So after a lovely afternoon of screaming, biting and fighting I stuck two tablets under her tongue. After first she wasn't sure what to think. She didn't spit them back at me, mainly because they instantly dissolve. A few moments later I noticed she had licked my shirt and I now have white spots on there where she had licked. Well the crying didn't stop, even after attempting to calm her in the swing, bouncing her, rocking her. Nothing helped. I gave in and put her back on the boob. After a few minutes she was out. That was 4:20, it is now 5:00 and she is wide awake. She just let one of those howler monkey cries out from the crib.

It seems that once I put a fresh diaper on her she is ready to rock and roll. She gave me the screw sleep speech on the changing table. She's happily playing on her play mat, but now days she tends to pull at the toys and then roll onto her tummy. Well, duty calls.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry they didn't help! Poor Bella (and poor mommy!!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.