Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I hate insurance companies
UGH! Here we are with Bella being three and half months old and they still haven't taken care of our hospital bills. I get a $2,000 balance bill for me and a $300 balance bill for Bella. Which I suppose is better than the $18,000 bill for me and the $7,000 bill for her. So Adam calls the insurance company to find out what is going on. First off this is the third time we've had to call them. It took us nearly two months for them to get Bella on the insurance and then catch up on all her doctor visit bills. Secondly after a half an hour on the phone we find out that some retard at the insurance company screwed up. After several attempts to get the hospital to submit itemized bills to insurance they paid partially. Well the idiot apparently didn't pay attention to the fact that they received the itemized bills so they didn't pay 100%. Adam finally got the resolution lady to resubmit the bills to finish paying the balances. Why does life have to be so hard? On top of that I received a bill from the lab. They stated that they submitted the charges to insurance but haven't received a response from them so it is now my responsibility. They are full of it. I talked to UHC and they don't have any record of submission from the lab company. Nor did I find it on the website when I was checking my claims online. So I tried to call the lab company to get them to resubmit and I was on hold for over twenty minutes and gave up. I will attempt to call them again today, but seriously I am really sick and tired of insurance companies and medical bills. Hopefully soon we will get everything taken care of and I won't have to deal with any of this again...until the next kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bella with Zakk Wylde
About Me
- Bobbi Sharp
- My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.