Monday, April 20, 2009

A Case of the Giggles




Mark your calendars, that's right, Sunday, April 19th. After months of waiting Mommy finally got her first giggles. I'm so excited that I was the first to hear and receive the giggles. Baby girl was rather filthy so I hosed her down. After that we had some open air play time on the changing table. The changing table seems to be her soap box. It's where we get the most communication from her, and that has really increased the past couple of days as she now knows she has a voice. Problem is she tries to over use it and after a while, Mommy & Daddy have enough of it. Anyways, after her bath I like to give her a little diaper-free time to air dry, it's good for the skin. I was talking to her and we were having a conversation. I decided it was time to give her a raspberry on the tummy. When I brought my head up she stared at me, started to smile and give a silent laugh. Then out of nowhere she just giggled. I shrieked with excitement and of course Adam wasn't sure what was going on. Just to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke I tried it again, with Adam watching. I quickly sent Adam to get the camera and we caught a couple more giggles on film before she realized Daddy had the camera out. The follow up giggles weren't nearly as precious as that first laugh. But how could they be? It was no longer an elusive sound to Mommy's ears. I finally heard what I had been waiting for. Next step...Momma or Dadda, preferably Momma.

Wow, I am tearing up at the thought of my little baby being able to vocalize her emotions now. Three and half short months ago she was kicking me from the inside and now she's here in front of me. She is slowly turning into a little human and is becoming less and less of a baby as each day passes. This has been the most amazing months of my life thus far. To watch her grow from this helpless little baby to a moving, talking (squealing) human being is completely beyond my minds imagination. I can only imagine the joys and trouble that lie in store for Adam and I as parents. She's semi mobile, talking, squawking, drooling, and now giggling. That's my beautiful little girl.

Sorry for the video focus, it's a camera & not a video camera, but you get to hear some giggles!

1 comment:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.