Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Year Ago Today

April 23, 2008 forever changed our lives...
We found out the most wonderful news – our family would soon be expanding! The previous week or so I had been having some interesting symptoms. I had been Googling everything I could on the internet to see if I could determine what was going on. I ran across several different sites that all seemed to point towards pregnancy. I decided to take a pregnancy test on April 17th, but that was negative. Adam insisted we were pregnant even though the test said no. The following week I took another test on the 23rd, it was positive. You want to talk about shock and excitement! I sat in the restroom staring at this stick. I couldn't really believe what I was seeing. I gathered myself as best I could. Adam was in the living room watching Brooklyn take a nap. We were keeping her overnight and her nap was around five in the evening. I made my way to our bedroom door and poked my head into the hall. I had the stick in my hands behind my back. I whispered to Adam that I needed him upstairs. He paused what he was watching and made his way up to me. Once he reached the door, he of course asked what I wanted. I said guess what? He said, I don't know, what? I then had him open his hand and I placed in it a positive pregnancy test. At the same time I said, I'm pregnant. I'm gonna be a Mommy. To which he responded, it's wet. Why is it wet? We both laughed as he returned the stick to the bathroom counter and proceeded to wash his hands. As I was crying from laughter and excitement he hugged me. That was the best hug ever. We were going to be parents. I was so excited I told him I wanted to take the digital test I had. He thought it best to wait until morning for that one. We made our way back down the stairs and finished watching whatever it was we were watching. Obviously I can't remember what it was because I could only think of my new baby. This little tiny being inside of me. I do remember I couldn't sleep that night. Not a wink. I kept tossing and turning and smiling. Finally five am arrived and I popped out of bed and hurried to the restroom...
That's right, I tested again, and couldn’t believe it. We are pregnant. We thought it would take much longer to conceive. But here we are, pregnant. I had just talked to my doctor in November about stopping birth control. He said that once we did it would probably take at least three months for my body to get back into the swing of things and then from there it would be more likely for us to conceive. Boy was he WRONG! I stopped taking my pills on March 26th coinciding with the beginning of my cycle. Here we are less than a month later with two positive tests on our hands.

We couldn’t wait to find out if we were having a little boy or a little girl. I kept pondering what will you look like? Whose personality and temperament will you have? Will you be a quiet or noisy baby. Will you sleep through the night or will you wake often. I suppose all those questions were answered in their own time.

After taking the two tests we called the doctor, but they wouldn’t see me until May 21st (8 weeks, 0 days) because I had two positives. So we made an appointment and on that day we confirmed that we were about to become parents for the first time. Our estimated due date was December 31st, 2008. We didn’t think we would have to wait until then to see our little one. Well she had other plans and waited until that exact day to make her grand appearance.

Our night started with this...



...we found out about this...


Nine months later...the best thing that has happened to our lives.

1 comment:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.