Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Here Piggy, Piggy


I took Ms. Piggy for her weekly weigh in and I must say she is gaining weight at an above average pace. Normal weight gain for 3 to 6 months old is 2 1/2 to 4 1/2 ounces per week. My little pig averages 6 to 8 ounces a week. This week, however, she gained a whopping 13 ounces. Yup, nearly a whole pound in seven days. Next week we go to the pediatrician to see where she is at her 4 month check up. Yay for more shots!


Today I also stopped at the local Target and bought a crib soother to see if we can get some sort of sleep pattern to happen. Today we had crappy naps, almost next to none. She slept in the carseat on the way home and we left her in it until she woke up, which lasted all of ten minutes. After that I changed her, fed her, and decided I try out the soother. Of course she had to try to figure out what was going on. She liked the monkey playing peek-a-boo. She stared for quite a while before she decided sleep was not in her dictionary. Mommy "rescued" her from the cage of torture she had been left in.

Later I tried once it was dark out, to see if it would work. I found her talking to herself, lying on her back, playing with her feet. Yeah, I think all this device is doing is giving her a light to play by. Sigh.

Now at 9:30pm, after a half hour of nursing, five ounce bottle, and another ten minute round of nursing, she is fast asleep with her soother on, in her own crib. How long will it last, you ask? Heck if I know, but I think I'm going to go take a shower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.