Daddy...what is this?
Luckily, with all of the shopping we did tonight, we were able to get a couple of short naps in. I really wish we had had the camera in Target with us. I had put her in a semi cradle position, in the sling, and was feeding her a bottle while shopping. She held the bottle against my chest, which left me with both hands to shop with. By the time she finished the bottle she was out. Of course, as we were checking out she had to wake up. At least she woke up happy. I think our regimen of teething tablets, every two hours, and Tylenol, every four hours, gave us a peaceful evening.
However, Daddy and I learned a very valuable lesson. DO NOT LEAVE THE BABY ALONE EVER! Daddy had put her down on her play mat, as we usually do, and we went about our business of putting the groceries away. Unfortunately, we had left the doors open to the entertainment stand. Daddy ran to the garage to put the car away and I was in the back of the house putting other things away. I came back to the kitchen, looked down to the living room to check on Bella, and nearly had a heart attack. She had managed to roll herself under the door of the entertainment stand. Yes, I said under it, and was pinned. I had to squeeze her neck downward in order to pull her back out. She wasn't crying, but was shaken up. I held her, rocked her and nearly ripped Adam a new one when he came back up stairs. It was both of our faults for not closing the thing up. Lesson learned, and she wasn't hurt. She came away with some red marks that disappeared by bath time.
So following the scare, Adam hopped in the shower, and I gave Bella her bath. Then he gave her 3oz of formula and I showered. Then I nursed her down by 11:00 pm. WooHoo, new record right? WRONG; 11:45 pm she was back up screaming. I went and changed her and tried to put her back down & that didn't work. So I nursed her for another twenty minutes, and put her back down. I had to make three more trips in there and it's now 12:30 am. Well, if she stays down it will be a new record. Wish us luck.
Always have your ducks in a row...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.