Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I don't know if you can consider it a Happy Mother's Day when you have to work. It was my first official day, but we didn't make a big deal of it. We didn't get to bed until 3 am or so because of Bella's late night schedule. So we ended up missing church, which made me sad. I spent most of the morning nursing Bella in bed and snoozing in between. Then Adam took her to the living room and gave me some time to myself. I laid in bed and dozed in and out until 2:30. That's when his Mom and Sister decided to come over. Unfortunately that's right when Bella was trying to go down for a nap. They wanted to see her, but I had her on the verge of sleeping when they came in the door. She ended up going down for a good nap. After his family left we were able to spend some time together, which was nice. Then Ms. Thing woke up and was hungry again. I nursed her, then we fixed her some cereal and Adam took his first stab at feeding her. I hopped in the shower and checked on them when I was done. Apparently Bella was spitting the food back out at him and she had made quite a mess. God Love her! So then Daddy gave her a bath the first time on his own while I got ready for work. I called to check on them from work and found out she had been a pill for Daddy. She had decided to fight him because she was overly tired. He laid her on the play mat on her belly and let her cry it out until she crashed. He let her sleep from 6:45 until she decided to wake up when I walked in the door at 10:00pm. Then she pulled more of her late night shift and didn't go to bed until after 2 am.

But on the positive I got my stroller I wanted! We had some coupons and returned an un-wanted product to BRU. We only had to pay $81.00 for the stroller. It is awesome and Bella loves it. We took her around the neighborhood Saturday evening. As long as she's awake, she wants to be sitting up. She loves watching everything as we walk. There is just so much to see and she loves to take it all in. I can't wait to take her out in the stroller. But she still loves her some sling, so we'll see what the future holds. I guess we'll play each situation by ear and determine which mode of transportation she'll be using.

Well I suppose I should do some laundry while the munchkin is napping.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.