Sunday, May 31, 2009

Book Wish List

After reading the Cakewrecks website today I have come to realize we have NO books at all for our little girl. I have some educational books that I bought while babysitting my niece but those are no where near the collection my mother had for us as children. Granted she worked at Hallmark at the time so we have nearly an entire collection of pop-up books from the 80's era. It makes me sad to think that I just don't have any books, nor do I have the extra money to run out and buy them. Perhaps in the future I can convince my Mommy to let me have my favorite books at least. So with this in mind I'm putting together a list of the books I remember and loved as a child, in hopes to one day acquire them for Arabella.


Where the Wild Things Are
by Maurice Sendak
The Velveteen Rabbit
by Margery Williams
Thumbelina
a Hallmark Pop-up Book
The Adventures of Super Pickle
a Hallmark Pop-up Book
Where the Sidewalk Ends
by Shel Silverstein
The Night Before Christmas
a Hallmark Pop-up Book
The Real Mother Goose
by Blanche Fish Wright
Mighty Machines at Work
a Hallmark Pop-up Book
Anything Dr. Suess
Bruce's Loose Tooth
a Hallmark Pop-up Book
The Berenstain Bears Collection
by Stan & Jan Berenstain
So without pilfering through my books at my parents house, this is what I can think of at this time. Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I was thinking about this last week. I want to start reading to him before bedtime.

    I DID have to buy "Where the Wild Things Are" a couple of months ago, because the little boy in the book is named Max. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those are classics! I'm a big fan of the Berenstain Bears and Dr. Seuss. Our two Shel Silverstein books are my favorite things to read to Ramsey. I started buying his library as soon as I found out I was pregnant. The kis has shelves full of books already. Tips: ebay, garage sales, secondhand stores!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.