Unfortunately she only took one nap Sunday. At ten pm she began to nurse until she passed out. We laid her in her crib at 10:30 pm but she was back up at 11:00 pm. She got her diaper changed and then proceeded to nurse herself back to sleep. We placed her back in her crib at 11:30 pm and she stayed down. This is the earliest bed time we've seen from her yet.
The down side to her going to bed at 11:30 pm...she wanted to wake up at 5:30 am to eat. Sigh, I made Daddy crawl out of bed and retrieve her. I nursed her until she decided she didn't want any more. She then decided it would be fun to lay between Mommy and Daddy and eat her feet, along with scratching us to make sure we were still alive. Around 7:00 am I had Adam put her back in her crib and she slept until 9:45am. Daddy found her wide awake playing with her dolly. Brooklyn showed up around 11:00 am to stay with us for the day. So of course Bella couldn't take a nap again, there was way too much going on. Daddy tried to put her in her crib and use our new method of napping. Yeah, she wasn't giving up. So I took her out of the crib at 12:50 and proceeded to nurse her to sleep. At 1:20 pm she was down for the count and just woke up at 4:00 pm!!!! I think we're getting better by the day with naps. It's just going to take some time. I guess it is true...when something doesn't happen over night, it isn't resolved over night.
Next topic...TEETH!!!!!!
Yep, she's starting to actually cut her first tooth. She's been teething for a couple of months. Yesterday I was able to see the top of her tooth bud (lower left incisor). Today it is very apparent that it won't be much longer and that bad boy will be sticking out. Unfortunately it hurts even worse when she gnaws on my knuckles now that it's coming up. The other huge downside is that she is nursing, but then decides that my boob would make a great teether. She chomps down and then yanks her head backwards. It is such a swift movement it is hard to stop her. Boy I can't wait until she has a whole mouth full of these little razors (feel my sarcasm?).
Let's just pray that the next few nights are successful for sleep, productive for teeth, and all over easier than the past five months.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.