Totally fighting bed time and screaming rather loudly
Mommy blinded her in the darkness, oops! I need a pic of the screaming baby so I can show her how much she tortured me as an infant.
FINALLY! After some amazing advice from a very caring friend, (and she knows who she is) I think we are on the right path to getting a sleep pattern and naps down. I don't want to jinx myself, but today was fantabulous! After reading my friends email this morning, I couldn't wait to give her nap time a try. Basically she spelled out what and how I needed to handle her naps. Once her naps are under control we'll work more on bed time. So I gave it go and with each nap she's getting progressively better. I can actually have time to focus on school work, or at least I should soon be able to. It's not perfect, but it's a start.
Here's a recap of how our day went:
Here's a recap of how our day went:
Thursday, May 21, 2009
7:24 AM Woke up, hungry. Changed diaper and nursed in bed.
11:30 AM Woke up after nursing in bed all morning.
12:45 PM Placed in her crib, wide awake with her blanky, dolly and monkey show. Played for a half hour.
1:15 PM Screamed for 15 minutes.
1:30 PM Fell asleep on her own.
2:02 PM Woke up, played, snacked off & on; did not really nurse well.
4:00 PM Daddy changed her & put her down for a nap. Fussed for 5 minutes
4:05 PM Screamed for 35 minutes
4:40 PM Gave in & went to sleep on her own.
5:32 PM Woke up fussing. Happy to see Daddy.
6:30 PM Nursed, but not well, took 2oz formula, goofed around some more & I gave up on nursing.
6:45 PM Put in the bouncer and played happily.
8:00 PM Nursed until she dozed off and woke back up with my movement.
8:30 PM Ate 3 tablespoons of Oatmeal.
9:00 PM Bath time
9:30 PM Put to bed, Given Tylenol & Teething Tablets. Fussed & Screamed
9:50 PM Fell asleep on her own.
10:25 PM Fussing, turned on soother & patted her back down
10:40 PM Fussing, did not go in, she went back down on her own
10:56 PM Fussing, Daddy patted her back down
7:24 AM Woke up, hungry. Changed diaper and nursed in bed.
11:30 AM Woke up after nursing in bed all morning.
12:45 PM Placed in her crib, wide awake with her blanky, dolly and monkey show. Played for a half hour.
1:15 PM Screamed for 15 minutes.
1:30 PM Fell asleep on her own.
2:02 PM Woke up, played, snacked off & on; did not really nurse well.
4:00 PM Daddy changed her & put her down for a nap. Fussed for 5 minutes
4:05 PM Screamed for 35 minutes
4:40 PM Gave in & went to sleep on her own.
5:32 PM Woke up fussing. Happy to see Daddy.
6:30 PM Nursed, but not well, took 2oz formula, goofed around some more & I gave up on nursing.
6:45 PM Put in the bouncer and played happily.
8:00 PM Nursed until she dozed off and woke back up with my movement.
8:30 PM Ate 3 tablespoons of Oatmeal.
9:00 PM Bath time
9:30 PM Put to bed, Given Tylenol & Teething Tablets. Fussed & Screamed
9:50 PM Fell asleep on her own.
10:25 PM Fussing, turned on soother & patted her back down
10:40 PM Fussing, did not go in, she went back down on her own
10:56 PM Fussing, Daddy patted her back down
Friday, May 22, 2009
12:00 AM Fussing, tried to pat her back down, didn't work. Changed diaper and nursed her back to sleep.
12:20 AM Placed her back in her crib asleep, turned on the monkey show.
12:00 AM Fussing, tried to pat her back down, didn't work. Changed diaper and nursed her back to sleep.
12:20 AM Placed her back in her crib asleep, turned on the monkey show.
On another note, Adam and I were able to start our seedlings today for our garden. I'm excited. We still have a few more seeds to purchase and then our gardening days will have started. Next step is building the raised beds in the yard. I can't wait to have home grown produce again! This means I know Bella will be getting semi-organic foods that weren't juiced up with hormones. Nor will she be getting processed baby foods with preservatives and sugars. I do have some on hand, however, should we need it. But I plan on sticking with home grown veggies. The fruits are another story, because who the heck can grow a banana tree in MO? I will updating the "growing of the garden" pics as things start to come together.
I'm so glad you guys have seem to found a method that works for you!
ReplyDeleteYay! I hope she just keeps getting better for you!
ReplyDeleteKnock on wood, I've actually gotten a two hour nap so far today!
ReplyDelete