Friday, May 15, 2009

Oatmeal Day

Today we had Brooklyn; by we, I mean Arabella & I. We survived torrential down pours for a few hours. The thunder got to Bella a couple of times, but Brooklyn nearly cried her eyes out and wanted to be held. The rain got so bad our sump pump actually kicked on for the first time ever. We had some pea sized hail a few times also. The creek near the entry of our housing development was flooding and reaching to the park. I sent Adam back out to check it because he was supposed to go to his sister's house. If it were flooding I wasn't going to let him go. He took my camera and managed to capture a few pics.
Yes, your house could look like this too...

After he took off I fed Arabella oatmeal for the first time tonight. I fixed two tablespoons and she ate it up quick and in a hurry. After she finished the bowl she started crying because I wouldn't give her anymore. After that it was bath time. Of course Brooklyn couldn't resist jumping in, but what three-year-old can. I got Bella out of the bath just fine but had to pry Brooklyn out. What an evening. After the bath I got both girls dressed an managed to nurse Bella to sleep. Then Brooklyn & I sat down for some Hanna Montana once the satellite was back in check. Erica showed up a short time ago to pick her up and of course Brooklyn was pouting about not wanting to go and kept running upstairs away from us. Erica said that has become her new thing when she doesn't want to go home. I hope they make it home alright. They have to take the long way home because parts of Orrick and Camden are under water.






In retrospect, it was a fun filled day with a baby who doesn't listen and a little girl who won't quit talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.