Friday, May 1, 2009

4 Months Old

Happy Four Month Birthday Pumpkin! I can't believe how big you've grown in this short amount of time. You are now approaching the sixteen and half pound mark. We are amazed at how steadily you gain weight, considering the weight you gain each week is above average.

You've come to communicate with Mommy and Daddy on a daily basis. We are now waiting for the day that you actually say one of our names. Unfortunately with the talking, comes screaming. You certainly can hold your own when it comes to screaming. You find it much easier to yell at me rather than to sleep. I am still waiting for the day you decide to lay down on your own and take a nap without fighting me. Even with your new crib soother, you still talk to it and yell at me to come rescue you. I'm getting stronger, and more determined when it comes to letting you cry on your own for a while. Again, I look forward to the day that you just sleep. So please, I'm begging you, give up the late night hours. You're really starting to wear Mommy down.

On the flip side of that screaming coin is the fun smiles and shrieks of joy. You've only giggled a couple of times, but each one is precious to me. You smile a lot more every day and are finding the silliest things to be humorous. It could be a goofy look, silly noise, Daddy & Mommy kissing, or a toy that you are enjoying; you always find something to smile about. I know you are always making me smile as well.

Speaking of smiles, I cannot wait to see a toothy smile. Teething; I believe that to be our main source of screaming sometimes. The constant drool and gnawing on everything in site. But we have yet to see any of those pearly whites pop through. Yay for Mommy when one does. It may very well be the end of our nursing era. We will just have to see how it all goes.

Your new best friend is the Jumperoo. For some reason you've learned to love to bounce. Unfortunately for us that means, while not in the Jumperoo, you want to bounce constantly on our laps. It's one heck of an arm work out for sure. And after a rousing round of bouncing you slow down and soak the front of the seat with your lovely teethin' mouth.

You are also more than capable of movement these days. Whether it's rolling or scootching in the crib. Just today I went in to rescue you and found your head crammed into the crib rails; now we know why you were so pissed. It won't be long and you'll be crawling to get into things you shouldn't be into. Man, that means we're gonna have to baby proof the house soon.

I suppose as you can tell you've been a very busy, very active, very healthy, growing little girl. I know you haven't stopped and you won't any time soon. God love you little girl, because your parents and family most certainly do.

Never stop growing my little flower.
Love Always,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.