Thursday, May 14, 2009

Girls Night Out at the K

Here's the ladies I work with &/or know Here's the hat the first 10,000 ladies received




Me & Bella in front of the new Kid's Zone

The beautiful new renovations


I LOVE the water fountains



Me & Bella in the Upper Deck

Karri & Bella


I could have had some better pics, but Bella wouldn't leave my camera alone


Tonight was "Girls Night Out." Bella accompanied me to the KC Royals game against the Orioles. This was her very first trip to Kauffman Stadium and to a game of any kind. We roamed the brand new concourse that wrapped around the stadium to visit the tents set up and look around at the newly renovated stadium. There you could find everything from back massages to t-shirts to food being given away. We got some cool freebies. Along with my ticket I received the hat and a charm bracelet that all benefits the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation. This is a foundation close to my heart and am proud to support. I have walked in the annual SGK walk every year since being employed with Ameristar, except last year due to my pregnancy. This upcoming fall I will walk in celebration of my Aunt Kitt. But that's another story for another time.
So after wandering around for a few hours we began to make our way to our seats. Along the way I stopped in the Guest Services office and was able to obtain a certificate for Bella. It declares her an Official Royals Fan and records her first visit to the stadium. It will make a great addition to her baby book.
The game was great and Bella behaved rather well. I was able to get her to nurse before the game started, but then in the 3rd inning she decided she needed more. By the end of the 5th inning she was showing signs of being tired. I decided it was time to head home before she got too cranky; I didn't want to keep her out too late. I got home by 10:00 and she was in bed at 10:30. Unfortunately that only lasted an hour and half. She fussed to let me know her diaper was wet and I am now trying to get her back down again.
It was a great night with the girls and I look forward to next year's game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave some love! I enjoy your thoughts on my stories and photographs.


Bella with Zakk Wylde

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

My photo
My name is Bobbi. My husband, Adam, and I have been married since September of 2007. We welcomed our daughter, Arabella, on December 31, 2008 and our son, Evan, on February 2, 2010. I'm a stay at home mommy who loves being able to be there for our children. Adam works for a communication company and has been there for ten years now. We are enjoying our time together and our newly expanded family. Things are hectic but all too fun with our Irish twins! I started the blog to keep everyone up to date with our going-ons and to give me a place to blow off steam from time to time. I hope you come back often an take a peek at the pictures I enjoy sharing.