Yep, that about sums it up. Bella is majorly crabby and not sleeping. Despite the teething tablets and Tylenol, she just refuses to go to sleep before 2am. It's about enough to drive a Mom insane. I've been overly grouchy and bark at her. It hurts when I do, I find myself wondering why I am doing it. This isn't me. I suppose I could blame it on the lack of sleep, but really why should I use that as a crutch? I love my baby; I shouldn't feel the way I do. I've also found myself barking at Adam and that really stinks, because he doesn't deserve it. He helps me out all the time, but I guess I truly feel I just need a break sometimes. Being a stay at home mom is a lot harder than people think. I'm really praying that this doesn't continue for too long, unfortunately we have twenty buds to get through and at this pace, these next few months are going to suck.
Here's a run through of the past day or so:
Wednesday, May 6th
1:00 am - Bella nurses, thinks it's fun to play yank and grin with Mommy, Mommy doesn't think so and fixes a three ounce bottle of formula
2am - Bella finally crashes
7:30am - Bella decides it's time to eat and decides to start screaming for Mommy, Mommy goes to get her only to find she's yelling at her foot because it isn't feeding her
9:00 am - Bella takes time out to get a quick nap in
11:00am - Time to get up and play some more, eat some more, scream some more
9:00 pm - Bella eats and nurses herself to sleep. Mommy & Daddy are praying that she stays down for the night
9:45 pm - Screams erupt from her room, Daddy rushes to pat her back, doesn't work so he changes her diaper, put her back down, and nope, we still get screams. Daddy brings her to me. She then proceeds to want to watch t.v. Daddy goes to take a shower and we follow him up to the bedroom.
10:30 pm - She wants to eat again. She nurses and is still wide awake.
11:00 pm - She wants more to eat, but isn't satisfied with boob juice. Mommy makes a three ounce bottle of formula. She proceeds to chug it. The bottle just wasn't enough so she wants more boob juice.
11:45 pm - She decides she's done eating, but wants to play with Mommy and Daddy. She is lying on her back between the two of us. She rolls to where her head is near Daddy's side and her feet are able to kick Mommy. She continues kicking me and poking Daddy.
Thursday, May 7th
12:00am - Mommy has enough and puts her in her crib, turns on the soother and nightlight and walks away after closing the door.
12:15 am - Bella is screaming her head off, she's wide awake and doesn't want to be alone.
12:20 am - Mommy rescues her and brings her back to bed, lays her chest to chest and tries to rock her to sleep. She then starts talking to Mommy and looking at Daddy. Daddy is still awake and has to be up at 5:20 am. She continues the talking/screaming game for what seems like forever
1:30 am - She's hungry again, so out come the girls. We lay tummy to tummy where to tries to put her feet in Mommy's underwear repeatedly and tick Mommy off. Mommy yells, Daddy comforts her, Mommy gets her to nurse.
1:50 am - She's asleep (I think), I sneak her into her room and place her in the crib where she proceeds to start sleep screaming (it's more like a whaaa moan). Mommy pats her back for the next ten minutes until she stops making noise.
2:00 am - Mommy climbs into bed, Bella starts crying, Mommy STAYS in bed
2:15 am - All is quiet and Mommy and Daddy get some sleep
5:20 am - Daddy gets up for work
6:20 am - Daddy kisses Mommy good bye, checks on Bella, tells Mommy Bella is fine and leaves for work
8:00 am - Bella starts talking and Mommy hears her through the monitor. Mommy gets up to go get her and finds Bella yelling at her feet again for not feeding her. Change the diaper and go to Mommy's bed for food.
9:00 am - Bella decides she's full and wants a nap.
11:oo am - Time to wake up, play and eat.
1:30 pm - Time to be a crab, yell at Mommy and proceed to fight the boob that wants to feed her. Make Mommy mad, Mommy yells, Bella cries; Mommy finally gets her to eat.
2:30 pm - Bella nurses herself to sleep
2:50 pm - Mommy is able to type out the past horrendous days in a blog
And now I leave you with these pictures...
Don't beat yourself up for being crabby, it's hard to cope with sleep deprivation! And Bella won't remember the days that you're a little snapish.
ReplyDeleteBeing a SAHM is super hard!